I originally set Phoebe up with her own blog to give her an outlet to publish her writing. She is a prolific writer, who writes narratives that are sophisticated and full of surprises. Having taught her last year, I saw early on that she was a gifted writer. Her weekly reading responses in her Home Reading Journal alone tend to be five pages long and include delightful Manga-style illustrations.

Phoebe's latest creation.
Phoebe is passionate about Manga. She creates Manga using pencil and Photoshop software. I thought I'd draw your attention to some of her computer-generated Manga work on the Clairlea The Way To Write blog - linked to the right. She's posted some wonderful artwork. As a teacher, I'm constantly trying to tap into the interests of the students and keep current with technology. I am going to meet with Phoebe and the other bloggers in our class today and see if they would be interested in a blogging club at lunch. The idea is to learn more about blogging e.g. uploading film to Blogger (which I want to learn!), and to use the time to write. If the interest is there, I'll speak to Mr. Knierim and see if he can help me co-run the club. We'll keep you "posted."
Ms. Hawkins