I forgot to mention in my last post that Miss Esling and I will be holding mini cursive workshops in the library during morning recess (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) for two weeks, beginning next Monday. Depending on the need, I may continue solo after Miss Esling leaves following March Break. Approximately 50 percent of the class use cursive in class. I would like for all of the children in our class to have the cursive breakthrough this year and I want the learning process to be fun. As I frequently remind the class, cursive is a much more comfortable way of writing since your pencil (or pen) seldom leaves the paper. If your child is one of the students struggling with cursive, please continue working on this skill at home. Cursive workbooks are inexpensive and there are also numerous online resources that can be downloaded for free.
Here are the Ramones to help celebrate making it halfway through the week. Is there ever a bad time for the Ramones?
Lastly, I have ordered more pencils and three-hole lined paper for our class, but we've run out of both before the blessed arrival of the stock order. Please make sure your child is stocked up on pencils for classroom use. If you are able to buy your child a package of three-hole lined paper, it would help too. I always buy a lot of pencils and paper when the "Back to School" supplies go on sale, but even that big stash has dried up. Yes, I know - your tax dollars hard at work.
Thanks for your help. Check out this video of a woman who can write backwards and even upside-down. We won't likely get to this stage in the Cursive Club, but it would be a very cool party trick.