Hello,
Here's your first look at our new classroom pet. It's a teddy bear hamster and - it's a girl!

The late day light meant not-so-great photos, but you can see how cute she is.


I really want to get her a bigger cage. Her feet keep slipping through the rungs on the upper level.

Thomas and Grace both guessed that it might be a hamster. I thought I'd let Spook choose the name.

Spook didn't like the folded pieces of paper and walked away.

I crumpled them up and then Kiko briefly became interested, then walked away in cat boredom.

Spook found the paper ball he liked. I opened it up and here's the name...

Sorry, Grace. Knowing Thomas, he'll probably let you help him choose the perfect name.
This little critter will never leave the cage and she'll bring lot's of love and happiness to our room. You'll see her tomorrow.
All the best,
Ms. Hawkins