I've enrolled our class in the very fun Rush Hour Brain Lab. This will be an interactive Math workshop facilitated by our fabulous Math Coach, Lesley Pike. She will be running the workshop this Thursday morning. Here's the description: Rush Hour is an interactive game where students try to get their cars out of gridlock. But, the only catch is that the only way you can escape the gridlock is to slide the cars around the game board Sounds easy, but as the challenges progress the level of difficulty does as well.
I have opted for the fractions, decimals, and percent workshop. Should be a lot of fun. Memo to self: bring camera that day.
I'll be helping Ms. Vincent run a Boys Reading Club in the near future. I will be approaching boys in our class whom I think would be a good fit for this club. Students will fill out a survey and we will try to make it a fun, engaging club that gets reluctant readers excited about books. More information as soon as I have it.
Regards,
Erin Hawkins