Saturday, January 2, 2010

One Litre Milk Cartons Needed SVP

Go to fullsize image
Hello,
If you buy milk in one litre cartons, or if you have any at your workplace, please rinse them out and send them in with your child. We will be starting a measurement unit in the near future and I'd like for each student to have his/her own litre carton for measuring projects. Children relate better to concepts of volume and capacity through hands-on activities. When I have enough milk cartons, students will turn their own carton into a measuring box by marking mililitre units on the outside.

Of course, you are encouraged to get your child interested in measurement at home. Have your child bake cookies or a cake with your assistance. You could also buy your child a cheap, plastic measuring cup at the dollar store and let them do some measuring in the sink or bathtub. Measurement: good, clean fun.

As always, I thank you for your help.
E. Hawkins

P.S. If you are a Clairlea parent who happens to be reading this blog but does not have a child in our class, I would still appreciate a milk carton from you if possible. You could either send one with your child whose teacher could pass it along to me, or if you're in the school one day, you could wedge it into my mailbox in the office. Thanks.