Kiko staring at bird feeder. Spring must be here!
Hello,
This is another week of change. We finally will meet our newest student, Kanta. The kids are really excited about her arrival. No pressure. Welcome Kanta! On behalf of the class, I'd also like to welcome our new student teacher. Mr. Baron is studying at the Faculty of Education at the University of Ottawa and will be teaching in our classroom over the next few weeks. While I'm riding the Soul Train of Thankfulness, I'd also like to send a shout out to Ryerson Nursing Student John, who has been working with our class on Healthy Living. He's also been a great math coach. He will be with us three days a week for two more weeks.
I think I'm forgetting something - or someone. Have we been short a student lately?
Wait, I think it's this person below, but I've forgotten his name.
To the long-gone student, we welcome you back with Lego hard rock action.
Here are some of the things we'll be working on this short week:
Here are some of the things we'll be working on this short week:
Language: Monday, we are lucky to be hosting dub poet Dwayne Morgan in our classroom. Students will be listening to spoken word poetry as well as writing and performing some of their own. Thank you to Mrs. Brathwaite for making this happen. We will continue looking at different poetic forms this week.
Students will also be completing their parodies this week and I hope to have them all filmed by Thursday in Library. Some students restarted their parodies and it will be their responsibility to work to the deadline. Spelling and grammar continue.
Math: Fractions and decimals. I will be handing back last week's math test along with other pieces of work. Please sign and return envelope. Please do not send back work. Students who had difficulty on the test will have the opportunity to be retested.
Science: Forces - Activities and experiments galore. We will also be looking at strong shapes and bridges.
Social Studies: Students will continue working on his/her Aztec Codex. If time allows, we will look at family life and recreation in this ancient civilization.
Homework: Students will continue working on their Poetry Journal (due next Tuesday). There will be a math fraction/decimal sheet to work on (due this Thursday).
Speaking of parody, here are some middle school students doing a parody of Devo. Weird was invented a long time ago.
Here's the real Devo. They were making music when I was a kid - that's how old the band is.