Saturday, March 13, 2010

New Classroom Pets

Today was such a miserable cold and rainy day. My husband was working and it seemed like our entire street had taken off on vacation. Duncan and I decided to head out and have fun anyway. We visited the St. Lawrence Market and bought some interesting food. After that, we took a streetcar to Criter's Castle, where I bought two cute gerbils. They are both male this time. Duncan named the big friendly one Oliver. He looks very much like Rosie. We decided to get a companion who looked very different so we wouldn't mix them up. Lenny (I named him after Lenny from Laverne & Shirley) is small, dark browny black and very fast. He hates being picked up. I'm wondering if I should take him back tomorrow for another friendly one. Hmmm.


If you're reading this, I hope the weather hasn't "dampened" your spirits for the holiday.

I'll be back with more pictures and fun. Check out the Travis video I posted yesterday. It starts off slowly, but eventually an octopus goes flying across the table of a fancy dinner party. Duncan was in hysterics when I played it for him.
The original Oliver (I'm sure this is where Duncan got his idea from)
Go to fullsize image
The original Lenny (bottom left)
Go to fullsize image
Bye!
Ms. Hawkins