I had trouble photographing the gerbils last night. These critters move quickly and the pictures either turned out too dark and blurry or too bright and flashy. I will say this, Oliver and Lenny are super cute and they will bring a whole lot of love to our class.

This is Oliver. He looks a lot like Rosie and he's very calm and happy as rodents go.

Oliver in foreground and Lenny in background.

Little Lenny reminds me of a kangaroo mouse.

Paper towel roll: Oliver's chew toy of choice. Yes, his eyes are red anyway, but the flash makes them look even crazier. By the way, this is how my eyes look when I wake up.

These gerbils have really furry tails. Maybe someone can write a fairy tale about the furry tails.

No this is not a ghost gerbil. I like this camera effect. It was a creative accident.

I built a penthouse apartment for them on the upper level. They really dig it, but the mat is yet another chew toy.

Oliver

Little Lenny - I'm so glad I didn't trade you in for a friendlier gerbil.

Take me to your leader.