Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lost & Found + Goodbye

My motley crew (I mean that in the best way possible) this time last year. Stay tuned for more pictures from the dog days of this school year including snaps from their stellar off Broadway rendition of "Jai Ho" yesterday. I think about 15 kids are missing from this picture LOL.

Hello,
Thank you to all the boys and girls of Room 204 for making the 2009-2010 school year such a happy time for us all. I will miss each and every one of you. Next year, I'll be in Room 108. It will be a different school year and one that I'm very much looking forward to. I plan on working with the Grade 6 kids again next year with the Blogger Club and perhaps some other fun clubs along the way. I had a hoot baking with the girls after school recently and I've been asked if we can do it again. Sure. Why not? My door will always be open and I'd love to have some willing volunteers be helpers next year, or perhaps help as mentors for primary students - Blogger Buddies?

Congrats to Phoebe for winning the Mole contest and to Sibghat for being runner up. Grace, you were an awesome Mole. Hardly anyone suspected you. Congrats also to the students who received Academic Achievement Certificates yesterday: Grace, Phoebe, Nathan, Nicolas, and Sibghat. Several students came very close to receiving one of these certificates. I hope that next year will be your time.

Thanks to all of the wonderful parents of Room 204. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive group of parents. Room 204 was large and loud, but the students are all kind and caring. These values come from home and you should be very proud of how your children represent your families when they are at school. Thank you for the thoughtful cards and gifts. I'm overwhelmed.

Yesterday after school, I took a few items to the lost and found. They included a lunch bag (possibly Mathew White's), a hoodie (possibly Ayden's), and a red water bottle. Quentin, I left your green water bottle and Clairlea water bottle together in the office with your name on them. Please pick these items up ASAP.

Have a terrific summer everyone.
Ms. Hawkins