Thursday, April 22, 2010

Those Amazing Bloggers

How did he do this? We'll find out at the next Blogger's Club.

We had our third Blogger's Club meeting today and I can't say enough good things about these kids. Not only are they writing more without being asked to do so, their use of technology is highly creative. Mathew W. and Nicolas led a tutorial on how to set up a slide show on Blogger and then the kids just blogged away. I love the way the students are teaching themselves how to use Blogger gadgets and create interesting art and effects (see the above cartoon from Cool Nic's blog). They are also working collaboratively and sharing ideas with one another. Yes! I enjoy reading all of the blogs and I'm learning a lot about the lives of these kids - their interests and ideas. Recently, I read Saima's post about fashion from Bangladesh. Do check out the blog she shares with Trinity.
I'm seeing leadership, innovation and enthusiasm with this wonderful group of kids. Bravo!
Miss Lowen came into the library and was amazed at the work these kids are doing.
E. Hawkins