The slippery slope to understanding force and friction.
Mr. Baron and I had fun running science centres with the class last week. Students explored forces in different ways, most of which were hands-on. Visit the Room 204 Student Blog (linked at the right), to see more photos. This is Mr. Baron's last week, by the way. We team teach so well together. I wish he could stay. Sigh.
Stop the press. Comic Boy plays a heart-rending version of Für Elise!
On a totally different note - Phoebe has posted a tutorial of how to make caramel custard. Mmmmm. She made it with her mom and took pictures. Visit Phoebe's blog to see for yourself. I'm thinking about some sort of small-group cooking club for after school. The group would be led by the kids with my supervision. We'll talk.
Phoebe and N.L.'s posts have given me an idea for the Blogger theme of the week - secret (or not-so-secret) talents of our fifth graders. Think about that one Bloggers. We'll have a huddle tomorrow and brainstorm.
This Week in Room 204 will be posted by Mr. Baron tomorrow.
Have a sweet Sunday.
E. Hawkins
