Our next Science strand will be Energy Conservation. I just thought I'd put out a request early on for families to start saving junk. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks, we will begin talking about "green" homes. I will discuss the concept with our class as we learn about energy conservation. Students will be constructing ecologically friendly structures in class. You may wish to save things that could be used for building materials such as clementine boxes, clear plastic salad boxes, foam trays, etc. I'll try to visit ArtsJunktion before then as well. No new or bought materials will be needed.
I'll talk to the class about it next week. This will be a project in stages, so please make sure your child doesn't get carried away and build a structure at home ahead of time. There will be in-class construction time. You may wish to discuss things such as solar panels and rain barrels ahead of time.
Thanks
E. Hawkins