Here's a cool song to listen to as you scroll down the screen.
I brought my camera to work this week. Here's what it captured...
Here we see children going crazy for addition and subtraction as they play Domino Addition & Subtraction. Thanks to Mme. Angelevski for sharing the activity with us. I owe you a cup of sugar.


Below are our guided reading groups from this week. Each group was given a different non-fiction text to discuss and write about.




Below are scenes from math centres that connected to place value and money.

Students added amounts of money and played store, making change for items found in the classroom.

Here we see students stamping money and adding up quarters, dimes, and nickels.



Below you'll see students sketching simple machines.





Lastly, yesterday, students tackled money problems. There were plenty of a-ha moments during math congress when pairs of students shared their work with the class. I am pushing students to show their work and use different strategies when solving problems. This skill will serve them well throughout their time in public school.





