Saturday, December 19, 2009

Stills From Kindness and Caring Presentation

Hello,
First of all, I'd like to say thanks for the lovely gifts I received yesterday. I certainly don't expect anything, but I was touched and overwhelmed by the lovely comments in the cards and the generosity. If the White family is reading this - thank you so much for the Free the Children donation, which I somehow forgot to acknowledge in the card I sent home. This donation means a lot and I'm reminded that our class needs to devise a special fundraising activity for Free the Children in the new year.

The better I get to know the children in our class, the more I see how wonderful they are. We don't have any bullying issues in our class and the boys and girls happily work with each other. I wish everyone a happy, restful holiday. Merry Christmas!

One parent was able to attend the recognition assembly on Thursday. She was moved to tears by our presentation and asked if it could be filmed. Yesterday in library, we videotaped the performance. Mr. Knierim will upload it to Blogger in January. In the meanwhile, you can listen to the song and scroll down the screen to see the stills I took of the vignettes. Ask your child to explain the concept and the stills. Amazing work! P.S. At the bottom of this post, you'll see the papyrus made in class this week.
All the best,
E. Hawkins
P.S. I'll be posting crafty things throughout the holidays, so stay tuned.