The Terry Fox Run was a success today. Many a huffing, puffing child came up to me and said, "Ms. Hawkins - I ran 10 laps!" Thank you for the generous donations we have received already. I was around the age of the children in our class when Terry Fox ran his Marathon of Hope and I can still remember the sadness that filled my school the day we heard that Terry had died. It was heartening to see the children running and hear them talking about Terry Fox today. All these years later, his work continues. It is not too late to make a donation - even a small donation would make a difference.
I would also like to thank you for supporting me by reminding your child how important it is that we reduce the amount of social talking in our classroom, as well as during Library, Drama, and Art. I have high expectations for every child in our class and I will do everything in my power to ensure that all of my students receive a full and rich learning experience this year.
Yours truly,
Erin Hawkins