Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Capital I

Since you've been to our room, I've taken down our Eid bulletin board and have begun boldly stapling up completed recounts written by your children. If we spend any more time writing recounts after this week, you'll find me curled up in the fetal position singing Gregorian chants.

The good news is that the recounts are great. I believe that all children can write, regardless of their age and the proof is in the pudding. Hmm - maybe that should be our expression that we learn about next week.

Anyway, the recounts will come home before the holidays for your enjoyment. In the meanwhile, I thought I'd share this golden oldie from Sesame Street. Many children still use a lower case i when referring to themselves. Let's work on this at home and school!

All the best,
Erin Hawkins


Here's more vintage gold about "I." Go girl!