Sunday, June 12, 2011

This Week in Room 108

Hello and sorry for the lack of posts in the past two weeks. It's been a little hectic with EQAO, report cards, planning for next year, and the reading course I've been taking through OISE.

First off, I'd like to send a heartfelt congratulations out the our fantastic 3s for their commendable job on EQAO. I won't editorialize here, but since the test was written at the end of May, we had to pack in a lot of math in a short amount of time before EQAO, but I had no complaints from the 3s. We covered so much in the way of reading and writing this year: retelling, letter writing, procedural writing, poetry, recounts, and narratives. That's a lot. I think that as you start to see some of their writing from the past two months come home at the end of the year, you'll be seeing how much your child has grown this year. That goes for the grade 2s as well.

Don't forget that we have our two field trips this week. They should be lot's of fun.

We are wrapping up narrative writing and in Math, we're working on multiplication and division. Question: What do you call the answer in a multiplication sentence? The product. See if your child remembers this.

*Don't forget that homework assignments are due this Friday: Grade 2s will present their animal reports and the 3s will present their reports on urban and rural communities.

Hope everyone is feeling happy.
All the best,
Erin Hawkins

Here's School House Rock - Multiplication Rocks. It's the soundtrack of my life.