Monday, May 16, 2011

This Week in Room 108 - A Passion for Mythology

Sorting animal families and insects.


We had a terrific trip to Reptilia today. Thanks to Emma's mom Lynn and Maria's dad Chris for helping out. I'll get some pictures up soon. I'm sure you all heard about the tree python who devoured two rats right before our eyes. Cool.

Considering our trip today and the fact that Friday and Monday are holidays, I've decided not to hand out homework this week. I know, I know. Our hearts will go on.

Language: This week, we're starting our narrative unit with Greek mythology. Students will enjoy this unit and will be reading and writing their own myths.
Math: 3-D Geometry. We'll be learning about the characteristics of various 3-D solids and sorting them by attributes, such as faces, vertices, and edges.
Science: Grade 2s will be learning about oviparous animals (animals that lay eggs), with special attention given to reptiles. I believe that Grade 3s will continue learning about stability with Miss Lowen.

I think that is all for now.

Please return those Spring Photos if you do not intend on buying them. Life Touch took a leap of faith by sending out the actual photos trusting that they'd be returned, or kept with a payment. We've never done it this way before. You are not obligated to buy anything, but do get the pictures in if you don't wish to keep them.

Thanks a lot,
Erin Hawkins