Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Poems About the Earthquake in Japan

Below are some of the beautiful and sad poems written by the students of Room 108.


Japan’s Earthquake Danger

In Japan an earthquake happened
Children
Falling buildings
Falling on people
It’s dangerous
People lived
People died
Can people in Japan live without fear in their lives?
Danger, danger
Beware
Danger

By Shawna


Fiery Flames

Fiery flames
There’s no one to blame
It’s not the people’s fault
It’s not the people’s fault
They didn’t cause the earthquake

By Bradley


Tsunami

Big waves
I want to trade anything
Not to have the tsunami

By Bradley


Japan is not Safe

Japan is not safe.
People are running,
Cars are crashing,
Ships are coming to land
And buildings are falling.
Armies are saving people
People have nowhere to live anymore.
Everyone is crying for help.

By Rishikkesh



Earthquake

I’m sad that people passed away.
Some survived but most had death.
The destruction was scary.
Buildings were destroyed,
People lost homes.
Poor people.
I hope one day it will be better in Japan
And I hope it will never happen again.
I hope Japan will be well.

By Kamal



Untitled

Where are you?
Where have you gone?
I will not stop crying and crying
Until I see your face again.

You got washed away
From the tsunami.
I couldn’t find you and you couldn’t find me.
I hope you’ll come back
Because I’m really concerned.

By Ellie