Claire Speed is retiring for her illustrious career in teaching. Next Friday will be her last day. I know that she has taught siblings of several students in our class and I'm sure she'd be happy to see some old familiar smiles over the next few days. Please be sure to wish her your best.
Mrs. Speed gets her gloved hands dirty during yard clean-up last year.
Claire has been a huge support for myself and I will miss her very much. She has amassed a humongous collection of teaching resources, which she has generously given to myself and other teachers at Clairlea in exchange for a donation to a charity of her choice. I am truly grateful. Your teaching will live on! For those students who had her as a teacher, remember Mrs. Speed by thinking back to all the things she taught you.
I was going to leave a soppy sad song to remember Mrs. Speed with, but I found something that sums her up better. Of course, there's a story... Mrs. Speed is extremely dedicated to her profession. She might even say crazily dedicated. Part of this dedication means staying super late to work on plans for her class. If you stay late enough, janitor Cheryl Hawkes cranks Q107 over the PA system. I found Mrs. Speed in stitches last week trying to sing this hard rock classic. The song was so ridiculous, yet she said it captured her state of mind after a busy day teaching Grade 1 French Immersion. I went to Mr. Church to find out the name of this song, and of course he knew. Here it is. "Black Betty." Rock on Mrs. Speed and have a rama-lama-ding-dong new chapter in your life.
Your friend,
Erin