I'd like to send out a big thank you to Caleb for bringing in his tiny and perfect bird's nest yesterday. Caleb noticed that I've left out many objects from the natural world in the class for the children to look at and ask questions about. Caleb told us the story about his nest and let the class pass it around to examine how it was constructed. Fantastic! Children are encouraged to bring interesting bits and pieces from nature to class. It all connects to Science and our lives in general.
I hope the homework went well and was not too much or too little. Please let me know if your child ran into any problems and we can adjust accordingly to needs and abilities. These are still early days and I'm still getting to know the students.
I look forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new families tomorrow at Curriculum Night. We begin with the first session at 6:30 and switch to the second section at 7:00 for families with more than one child at our school. I'm sure you'll be interested to see what your kids have been up to within the first week.
All the best,
Erin Hawkins
Here's the biggest nest I've ever seen. It's in Namibia. I'll let Sir David explain. Gather the kids around to watch :)