Last week I helped clean out the lost and found. It wasn't a pretty sight. Let's just say there were numerous science experiments marinating in the lost lunch bags. I counted over 20 lunch bags that did not have names on them. Please grab a big marker and write your child's name, preferably on the outside. Our class is pretty good about remembering lunch bags, but every now and then, one does go missing.
Lastly, Clairlea is on a hand-washing campaign. There have been many stomach viruses floating and plenty of children missing school days. Please do not send hand sanitizer. Apparently, sanitizer kills the good bacteria, as well as the bad stuff. I am encouraging the students to wash hands before recess and lunch. Good old soap and water is all you need. The entire school has seen a video about the way germs spread. We're trying our best to keep kids safe and healthy. Do the sleeve sneeze - cha-cha-cha!